Danielle Lugrand is a Black doula in Oklahoma who has provided trauma-informed, culturally knowledgeable birth doula services to all family structures birthing in homes, hospitals, and local freestanding Oklahoma birth centers since 1999.
Benefits of Birth Doula Support
Effects on Birthing Outcome
- Shorter labors
- Fewer complications
- Cesareans are reduced
- Decreased need for Oxytocin to speed up labor
- Fewer requests by birthers for medications or epidurals
- Reduced use of forceps
Effects on Babies
- Fewer transfers to special care nurseries
- Shorter hospital stays
- Babies breastfeed/chest feed easier
- Mothers bond better during postpartum
Benefits for Families
- Increased satisfaction with their birth experience
- More positive assessments of their baby
- Less postpartum depression
- Partners have increased involvement during labor
- Partners have an increased understanding of medical procedures
- Partners experience less pressure
Birth Doula Support Packages
Birth Support Package – $1650.00
- 24/7 phone consultation begins with your signed contract.
- Informational Support Tailored to Your Specific Needs – By phone, e-mail or postal mail
- Access to my lending library ( books, videos, and DVDs)
- 3 prenatal visits –
- The first will be in the comfort of your home, we will start working on a birth plan for you and your baby. (Since supporting you will most likely start in your home, I would like to know where you live before you are in labor.)
- Attend your 36-week prenatal appointment with you to meet your healthcare provider and discuss your specific birth plan requests.
- Attend your 40-week prenatal appointment so that I can be with you during the discussion as to how your caregiver may want to proceed. (unless you have birthed prior to this date)
- I consider myself to be on call starting at 37 weeks.
Labor support included…
- Phone, text, and video support during early labor
- Constant support once you request that I join you. (Your choice of home, hospital or birthing center)
- T.E.N.S. Unit usage. (you must buy the electrodes ($8.00 pkg) – I keep them in stock)
- Access to all my comfort measure tools
- Early postpartum care; I can help with the initiation of lactation, if desired. I am a Certified Lactation Counselor- CLC.
- Two Postpartum Visits
- Your first is a lactation support and wellness visit 24-36 hours after birth at your birthing location.
- Your second is a one-week visit (virtually or at your home)
Additional Service Available
- Certified Lactation Counselor– Chest/Breastfeeding Support
- Certified Postpartum Doula support
- Writing a Birth Plan (Individual/workshop)
- Labor Preparation (Individual/workshop)
- Comfort Measures for Labor (Individual/workshop)
- T.E.N.S. Unit Rentals
- Prenatal, Labor & Postpartum Massage
- Young Living Essential Oils for Labor and Birth