I am honored to be one of the recipient selected for the Hearthside Perinatal Bereavement Care- Student of Color Scholarship!
I have walked and served along families in the past who were healing from the loss of their child. I have served families who experienced a loss in each trimester and it does not matter at what stage the loss occurs….. it is still a loss. Moms and dads are now dealing with the loss of dreams, expectations, and their positions in life. It is my desire that I will be able to better meet the needs of my clients by incorporating the information and knowledge that I will learn from this 3 month training. I will be receiving information on the following subjects:
- Processing Perinatal Grief
- Siblings and Perinatal Grief
- Pregnancy After Loss
- Bereavement and Bonding
- Lactation After Loss
- Ethics in Early Pregnancy Loss
- Perinatal Hospice & Carrying to Term
- Emotional & Practical Support in the NICU
- The Loss Art of Listening
- Self-Care for the Bereavement Worker
- Pregnancy Loss: What’s in a Name?
- Memorial Making and Burial Items