Date(s) - 10/17/2014
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
October 17, 2014
Gail Tully will be the instructor for this workshop.
This workshop is for doulas, nurses, midwives and childbirth educators. Content is not highly technical, but does require the basic knowledge of stages of labor, fetal positions and having attended a few birth. The brand new doula will find it rather overwhelming.
Workshop times: 9:00 am-5:30pm with a 75 min lunch break from 12:15 pm -1:30 pm
- Optimal Foetal Positioning (OFP) -how fetal position effects labor.
- Compare OA & OP labors to signs of “Baby really won’t fit”
- Identify fetal position without hands-on palpation (touch) and within the doula scope of practice with Belly Mapping
- Spinning Babies techniques
- When interventions are necessary
- Useful electronic handouts (print and bring your handouts)
- 7 ACNM CEUs, 7-hours
- Get out of your chair and try spinning techniques for
- latent phase
- active phase
- 2nd stage
- Use the Mexican rebozo (scarf) in a variety of ways
Go Beyond Optimal Fetal Positioning with the 3 Principles of Balance, Gravity and Movement. We look at the effects of posterior position on pregnancy and labor, and practice activities for pregnancy comfort, optimal fetal positioning, cesarean avoidance and labor progress. A new view at easing birth.
In the morning we will explores possible causes of fetal malpositioning, what to do in pregnancy to over come such causes. We will have a pregnant model to help us see the techniques in action.The afternoon explores effects on labor and involves analyzing labor patterns and practicing several techniques for such patterns.
We all love babies but we are coming to hear and learn. Only babies who are 5 months old or younger can attend.
Cancellations- please email Danielle Lugrand at agapedoulatrainings@gmail or text me at 405 819 4904. Tickets are transferable. Partial refunds will given if for emergencies or attending births. No show, No call, No refund.
If we sell out we will begin a waiting list. Please email Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the list.
Bookings are closed for this event.